Thursday, August 2, 2012

Which are FRESH FARM EGGS?

Can you guess which are the fresh farm eggs and which are the store bought?

No filters were used in taking the pics.


I made breakfast burritos for dinner and didn't have enough fresh eggs so I cooked up some store bought eggs separately to see the difference.  Obvious difference.  Look at the color and the richness of the color.  Do you know why?

This is a great pic that I found but make note . . . These eggs are all cage free and all fresh.  The more "naturally" they eat (grass and insects) then the richer or darker color the yolk.  My chickens eat mixed grain, grass and bugs.  I let them out in the mornings and evenings so they can get to grass but we do feed them laying pellets, chicken scratch and we give them a pecking block periodically.


Thanks Nutrition Junky for the pic above.




No comments:

Post a Comment