Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pests in the Garden AGAIN

So we have had horn worms on the tomato plants and now this morning I found these on the tomatoes . . .


Do you see all the gnats or maybe they are fruit flies.  I don't know but I do know they need to COME OFF!



Thanks to the advice from several friends, I ended up mixing 1 part Dawn dish detergent to 5 parts water and sprayed the heck out of the tomatoes and the plant.  Then I sprayed all the plants (peppers, zucchini, squash and all the other tomato plants).  By the time I was done spraying everything, I went back to these tomatoes and the "things" were still there but dead.  Thank goodness!

*UPDATE:  I went outside to check the garden this morning and noticed that the stems and leaves that these bugs were on are wilting now.  I clipped them all off and got rid of these tomatoes.  Hope those nasty things don't come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment